Healey’s Cyder Chilli Cheese and Corn Muffins
- 150ml Healey’s Rattler Cloudy Cornish Cyder
- 260g plain flour
- 75g polenta/cornmeal
- 1 heaped tbsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- heaped ¼ tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 20g chopped chives
- 200g chilli cheese, grated (I love M&S Cornish Cove with diablo chilli)
- 120g tinned sweetcorn, drained
- 2 medium eggs
- 225ml sour cream
Recipe is to make 12 muffins.
- Preheat the oven to 170ºc, 340ºf, gas mark 4
- In a bowl sieve the flour, then add the polenta, salt, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder. Stir gently. Add in the chives, chilli cheese and sweetcorn. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl break the eggs and whisk. Add the sour cream and whisk again. Add this to the dry ingredients bowl. Pour the Healey’s Rattler cloudy Cornish cyder into the bowl as well.
- Stir until all the ingredients are just incorporated. Do not over stir else the muffins will be dry!
- Fill each muffin case with an equal amount of mixture and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden. Cool for a minute in the muffin tray, then cool on a rack.
- These are delicious warm, but also great cold for picnics. They reheat well with a quick 10-20 seconds in the microwave. They also can be frozen!